Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Firemen & E.T.

So I was heading into work tonight, I'm walking up the sidewalk and I hear sirens blaring all around.  I was like, well, they did say St. Louis was one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S.  Then my mind goes to imagining me walking in downtown New York to work, and how I would hear sirens all the time.  I walk up the steps to our building and notice the "Romano's Macaroni Grill" sign was blinking and parts of the letters were out.  I was thinking to myself...couldn't they fix that?  I mean it looks like an 'Alice's Diner' or something...way tacky.  These questions would soon be answered. 

I walk in, and then turn around because the sirens are getting louder.  Two big fire trucks pull in the parking lot....and firemen follow me in the building. Smoke is in the air and lights are flickering and buzzing.  I walk toward the back, and it's dark back there and then this man in a suit with a huge helmet is right in my face.  I yell out, whoa!  (Memories of E.T. come to mind at this time...the man in the tubes...remember?) 

They had to start evacuating the building, and boxing up food to clear the whole restaurant.  I obviously left.  I didn't get my first table, so there was no clean up for me...good bye.  I wish I could tell you what caused the electrical issue...but I have no idea.  Oh well.  Thanks for the entertainment Mac Grill!  But, no thanks for the no-money night.

No comments:

Post a Comment