Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sick with 2 tornadoes

Getting sick is terrible.  Getting sick with a 4 year old and a 2 year old underfoot, and husband is in the middle of finals, so is MIA, is more terrible.  Started last night when I was at work, my back started hurting, by the time I got home every muscle in my body was aching...down to my fingers and toes.  I had a fever as well.  I'd like to think b/c I've gone through labor twice, no pain can touch that, and I'm a pretty tough girl, so sickness shouldn't bother me, right?  Yeah, I cried myself to sleep.  Probably a combination of not knowing what's wrong, feeling sorry for myself, mad that I'm sick, and just plain not feeling well. Tossed and turned all night, woke up the next morning and called the Dr. 

They told me to come in as soon as I could.  This was the one morning that Bronson decided he wanted to sleep past 9am, of course I had to encourage him to wake up so we could go.  I go to the Dr. , and the boys were good, as good to be expected with a 4 and 2 year old trapped in a small room with lots of drawers to open, switches to turn on, and computer buttons to stay away from.  After many, "Brock leave him alone", "Bronson don't touch that", "Brock, I'm not going to tell you again", "No, no Bronson don't open the door",....the Dr. finally graced us with his presence.  Turns out there really isn't an explanation on why I felt the way I did...start of a flu maybe, but overall just a viral issue.  The Dr. said, "Get as much rest as possible"...then he looks down at the boys, smiles at me and says, "easier said than done, I know".  "Take Tylenol, and Motrin for the muscle aches". 

We get back home, and I set some food out on the table for the boys, gave them their cups of chocolate milk, turned on PBS kids, and I went to bed.  You might think I'm a horrible mom for doing this....I had no other option.  I thought I was dying.  I don't know how we did it, but we made it until 5pm when Brian finally got home with 2 big bottles of Tylenol and Motrin.  He took the kids to the Y, then fed them, bathed them, and put them to bed.  I drank water like it was going out of style, and ate pretzel sticks during the day.  After resting some more, I woke up and finally felt relief. 

People were praying for me, I know.  So, with a combination of prayers, water, pretzels, rest, and some medicine,...I now feel functional.  Thank you Lord!  I don't have time to be sick... my list is pretty long of what all I need to do before Christmas vacation.  But the first on the list today was to , GET WELL.  Signing off for now, Cyber Space.  Until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you feel better. Poor thing. I wish I could have been there to watch the boys for you :(

    You write really well, I could totally visualize this

    ReplyDelete