Sunday, December 26, 2010

ice, snow, and sunshine

Merry Christmas!  I hope everyone had a great one.  We did.  We started out our Christmas celebration about 1 1/2 weeks ago leaving for Florida.  The night before we had to travel I managed to slip on ice leaving the restaurant I work at.  His my head on the pavement and just laid there knowing I was about to see Jesus walk around the corner...for sure I was dead.  But, no, just stars...not dead, just mostly dead. (princess bride lovers?)  I went and got x-rays and looked at by a chiropractor in Tallahassee and all is well as far as emergencies go...just really bad whip lash.

Florida was great!  It was so fun to visit with family and let the boys play with their "uncles".  We had my mom and dad's Christmas on Saturday night, and Meme's Christmas on Sunday.  Monday-Wednesday we just hung out and had some play dates scheduled as well.  I liked staying up and drinking coffee with my parents and Brian after the kids were in bed, so we could chat and laugh.  Jason and I got together 3 times to practice our songs and we recorded a rough draft of all the ones we have so far.  Getting really excited about the future of our pop country duo!



After a long trip home we finally made it back to St. Louis.  I went to work on Christmas Eve, and it wasn't bad at all.  I didn't have to close, and people were in the giving spirit, so my tips were great!  After SLOWLY walking to my car, I made it home, and began setting out the Santa gifts for the boys.  I had already wrapped everything before we left for our trip for FL, so it was just a matter of setting everything out. 





Christmas morning, and day for that matter, was great.  We all stayed in our pjs the whole day, played with Santa toys, watched new movies, and made 2 pots of coffee. Brock said, "Santa is so Awesome!"  It was a great Christmas this year.  Brian and I didn't get each other anything for Christmas this year.  We used our money getting our cars fixed, and traveling, and gifts for the boys & others.  You know what?  I didn't miss a thing.  It was a GREAT Christmas.  I love seeing Christmas through their eyes, and just being with family.  Merry Christmas again, everyone!  Thank you God for sending your son Jesus so that we may have Life, and one day be with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment