Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Country Music?

You might have heard through the grapevine, but I am indeed going into country music.  This is somewhat of a surprise for me b/c I didn't plan this since I was a little girl.  I've always known I've wanted to sing, and this genre fits perfectly.  A lot of the songs I write are secular...not bad morally or anything, but not something that I could get up and sing at a Sunday morning service.  I didn't know what to do with these songs...I started copyrighting them and then just hanging on to them.  Would I sell them to other artists?  Keep them for myself for the future?  One thing was for sure....I didn't want to just sit on them, and let life pass me by only to have done nothing.  It ended up being the latter option.  Country music is accepting of morals and family values, as compared to other pop genres.  Plus, I love it!!!!


I brainstormed on how I could make this happen, and what I wanted my career to look like.  Then I thought of my friend Jason back home.  We've sang together for years back in youth group and college, our voices blend really well, and personalities would work well for the music/business side of things.  I approached him about the idea, we talked and thought about it, and then, hey.  It's a go!  Now, between the two of us we have 18 songs.  Right now we're in the writing stage, as we are states apart.  We're going to be getting our stuff copyrighted soon, and start posting it on YouTube, facebook, etc.  So be looking!  We need all the support we can get.  It's our goal to get that done, and then by next year, start playing in local venues.  It's funny b/c our youth group...back in the day, recorded a CD, and Jason and I sang a duet on it with the guitar.  It was somewhat country in sound to, lol.  Who would have thought 10 years later, we would circle back around and be jumping into a music career.  You never know what you are doing now, will prepare you for something in your future.  On a side note, we have a lot of band names in mind, but the front runner as of date is, "October Creek".  Be watchin for us!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Good luck, girl! You have always had an amazing voice! You will definitely go far!

    ReplyDelete