Saturday, March 26, 2011

Determined Moms Wait in Blizzards...

I decided that since Brian was going to be in seminar all day at school, I would get the kids out to see this great "Cars 2" exhibit at the transportation museum.  It was a free event, and advertised that it had life-size cars from the movie.  Cool right?  I hyped it up with the boys, and off we went. 

I figured that since we would most likely just be getting out of our car, walking into a warm building to look at the exhibit...no need for big heavy jackets that I'll have to carry. There would probably be ropes and a bunch of their cars, and we walk around and look and enjoy ourselves.  Just long sleeves and fleeces will do right?  *side note* check weather before leaving!

The exhibit was up this long hill, and there was a LONG line.  So we waited, and waited some more, inching forward.  Then it started to snow....and I mean SNOW.  Keep in mind, we're still not in heavy jackets.  I felt so bad for the kids, but we had already waited in line at this point, and they wanted to see Lightning McQueen. 

(waiting in line when snow just began)

(Bronson looking at advertisements while in line)

(waiting to see Cars)
We finally make it up there, and it was an outside pavilion with 3 cars.  Tow Mater, Lightning McQueen, and the blue one.  Basically, you could pick 1 car to get your picture in front of....they hand you a card, and you can look at it on your computer after 48 hours.  What?!  We can't even walk by all the cars to look at them.  Who designed this set up....clearly not a parent. 

We walked through the blizzard back to the car, (I warned all parents in line on my way back...I would have wanted to be warned)...kids were snotty nosed, red faced and Bronson was crying at this point.  Oh forgot to mention, that I had Bronson (40 lbs) on my hip for an 1 1/2 hours b/c otherwise, he would have ran everywhere.  We make it inside our car, and I look turn around in my seat and look at both boys staring at me.  Bronson is crying snot everywhere, hands red and puffed up like balloons they are so cold, and Brock wet with snow.  Then I started crying b/c I felt so bad, that it was so cold, and it wasn't what we were expecting.  So we all sat in our car crying. lol!  We got over it once the car warmed up, and now home eating a snack and drinking hot chocolate.  I'll be sure to post the "free picture" that we got with Tow Mater, once they post it online.  I'm sure it's quite hilarious.
(On our way home,....this is what we stood outside in)

Here it is....Here is the infamous picture we waited out in the blizzard for.
all I can say is....wow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a day y'all had! That is the worst...when something sounds like it's going to be so great...the kids get excited, and then the people putting it on totally disappoint. Hot chocolate does make a lot of things better though... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that sounds horrible! :( hurry and come back to warm, sunny Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me laugh, even when the story wasn't funny while you were living it. I would have cried too, trust me.

    ReplyDelete